Ogury is a technology company, specialized in mobile journey marketing. Ogury solves three critical problems that limit organizations’ effectiveness in their mobile strategy and execution: incomplete mobile user journey data, as organizations don’t see beyond their own apps, websites and ecosystem; poorly integrated data, insights and activation platforms; and lack of transparency on user data collection and usage.
In full compliance with GDPR, Ogur’s purpose-built AI technology generates first-party data to map the entire mobile user journey, across all apps and websites. From this unique data, it distills precious insights to inform organizations’ mobile strategy and activates these insights to engage consumers and generate revenue from mobile apps and websites.
Established in 2014, Ogury has generated 400m+ mobile user profiles, is trusted by 900+ global brands, and is integrated in 10000+ mobile apps and websites, across the globe.
Four years after its launch, Ogury's explosive growth has seen it scale from two to 220 employees. We have established offices in five countries - France, UK, Italy, Spain, and USA - in cities including Paris, London, Milan, Rome, Madrid, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Detroit.
Join us today and take part in the creation of a ‘unicorn’ with the ambition to simplify and give transparency to the relationship between brands, publishers, and mobile users.
By joining Ogury, you will be working with a smart, talented, and dynamic group of people who encourage every member of the team to achieve their maximum potential.
The mission role is part of The “Ogury For Publishers” Team.
This “Ogury for Publishers” team is in charge of the deployment of our SDKs and suite of products to our publisher clients (App Publishers, having apps on the Google Play Store and Apple AppStore).
The Ogury For Publishers Suite includes the following products : Adincube Intelligent Mediation, Ogury Exclusive Demand, Active Insights and Ogury Consent Manager.
This suite will be reinforced by new products currently being developed by our engineers as well as by external growth (acquisition of companies)
Ogury will have to multiply the SDK footprint (i.e the number of Unique devices that have installed our SDK) by 10 over 18 months by signing large international publishers with big mobile Apps as well as mid-tail and long-tail publishers.
The Focus of the role will be to deploy Ogury For Publishers solutions to a maximum number of Publishers.
However, the role is focusing primarly on the Key / Strategic Publishers in the East Coast. The role will also include some support to West coast Teams to help them to better sell/upsell the publishers using our other products to the Active Insights solutions.
Part of the role is also to provide regular feedbacks to the product team. Those feedbacks will include US market analysis as well as concrete examples from direct meetings with clients or gathered from other US Teams.
What you’ll do
The role of a PA is to free an executive’s time from organising and administrative tasks so that they can spend maximum time on strategic tasks. Responsibilities typically include:
- acting as a first point of contact: dealing with email correspondence and phone calls
- managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the manager/executive
- booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
- organising events and conferences
- reminding the manager/executive of important tasks and deadlines
- typing, compiling and preparing reports, meetings, presentations and correspondence
- managing databases and filing systems
- implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- collating and filing expenses
- miscellaneous tasks to support their manager, which will vary according to the sector and to the manager’s remit, eg completing some corporate governance reporting (to ensure that the business is being run properly and complying with legislation and regulations) or conducting research
Who you are / Key skills for PAs
- AT least 3 years of experience in PA
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Communication skills
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume (or Linkedin profile) and a cover letter to: email@example.com