Ogury is the mobile data platform that provides the most comprehensive view of mobile user behavior globally. It is the only data specialist offering a true and complete picture of what people are doing on their mobile devices – in-app and out. Its proprietary device-level data collection technology, integrated within thousands of apps, enables Ogury to build over 400 million mobile user profiles across more than 120 countries. By harnessing the power of this unique insight, it delivers unrivaled monetization, ad targeting, analytics, and CRM solutions for advertisers and publishers that greatly enhance the mobile consumer experience. Founded in 2014, Ogury has international offices in London, New York, Paris, Milan, Rome, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Detroit and Madrid, and works with all major media agencies, along with the world's leading premium brands and publishers.
Ogury generates and collects more than 1TB of raw data every day and store these highly-valuable data in its Big Data warehouse to optimize advertisement campaigns and generate advanced marketing insights.
As a head of the Data department, you will work in a startup environment in the heart of Paris, with a talented and motivated team that use agile development methods. Together with the Product Owner, the Scrum Master, and the Team Leaders, you will be responsible for the coordination and management of three cross-skilled and talented teams made of data scientists, engineers, Android developers, and analysts.
- The first team is responsible for the collection of relevant data from mobile devices. Its mission is to explore new ways to collect and store relevant data from Android devices into our data platform, and to develop an SDK that will be plugged into applications
- The second team is responsible for the development of ground-breaking algorithms to translate low-level signals collected on devices (network activity, CPU activity, …) into data that is valuable for the business, such as browsing history and application usage
- Finally, the last team is responsible for building machine learning methods to infer high-level information, such as users’ characteristics or consumer interests, from data collected and processed on mobile, such as geolocation, browsing history, and applications installed
As an experienced manager, you know the specificities of research projects involving innovative algorithms, and you have thorough experience in data governance projects. You can motivate scientists to get the best out of them.
As a technical leader, you are often right and you stand for long-term vision rather than short-term constraints. You know good practice in research methodology, algorithms, software development and data warehousing. Experienced collaborators follow you because they trust you.
Along with the development of algorithms and the on-boarding SDK, one of your critical missions is to take our data warehouse and data governance policies to the next level. The huge volume of raw data generated every day is processed by multiple data pipelines and loaded in distributed relational and non-relational data stores. In this context, you will be responsible for:
- The definition and application of good practices and data governance policies, such as data lifecycle, data privacy, and data quality
- Optimizing the ETL processes and data stores to keep costs under control
- Providing qualified, clean, documented and accessible data to the other entities of the company
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- At least 10 years of experience, including experiences as a CDO, CIO, head of data, or similar position
- Experience in research projects and algorithms
- Experience in driving data governance and data warehouse projects
- Experience in agile methods and Jira
- Good coding skills
- Experience with Big Data framework such as Spark is a plus
- Experience with AWS’s cloud is a plus
- English and French (Non-native French-speakers are welcome)
- Sense of ownership, rigorous, strong leadership and great communication skills
Candidates must have EU citizenship or valid working permit.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to – firstname.lastname@example.org