Ogury is a technology company, specialized in mobile journey marketing. Ogury solves three critical problems that limit organizations’ effectiveness in their mobile strategy and execution: incomplete mobile user journey data, as organizations don’t see beyond their own apps, websites and ecosystem; poorly integrated data, insights and activation platforms; and lack of transparency on user data collection and usage. In full compliance with GDPR, Ogury’s purpose-built AI technology generates first-party data to map the entire mobile user journey, across all apps and websites. From this unique data, it distills precious insights to inform organizations’ mobile strategy and activates these insights to engage consumers and generate revenue from mobile apps and websites. Established in 2014, Ogury has generated 400m+ mobile user profiles, is trusted by 900+ global brands, and is integrated in 10000+ mobile apps and websites, across the globe.
Four years after its launch, Ogury's explosive growth has seen it scale from two to 220 employees. We have established offices in five countries - France, UK, Italy, Spain, and USA - in cities including Paris, London, Milan, Rome, Madrid, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Detroit.
Join us today and take part in the creation of a ‘unicorn’ with the ambition to simplify and give transparency to the relationship between brands, publishers, and mobile users.
By joining Ogury, you will be working with a smart, talented, and dynamic group of people who encourage every member of the team to achieve their maximum potential.
As a member of the data department, you work in a start-up environment in the heart of Paris, with a human-sized, talented and motivated team that use agile development methods.
What you’ll do
- As a rigorous developer, you design and implement advanced concurrent applications in an agile environment. You are rigorous while testing and versioning your code. You encapsulate
your applications with Docker and deploy on clusters of machines in the cloud.
- As a Big Data expert, you work with the most advanced technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS cloud, elastic search, Redshift, relational and non-relational databases. You know the simplest technology to use to efficiently tackle a given problem.
- As a versatile computer scientist, you are obsessed with performance. You always seek to optimize the systems to reduce costs while maintaining a high level of service. You are not satisfied until the CPUs work at full load.
- As a humble and pragmatic visionary, you are often right and you stand for your ideas. Analytically minded, you can make your point based on facts and communicate clearly. However, you fully commit to the project even though your approach is not chosen.
- As a responsible leader, you have the full ownership of your contributions from the proof of concept to production. You behave on the behalf of the company, beyond your own team. You support your collaborators, in success and failure.
- You will be responsible for the implementation and optimization of state-of-the-art applications, ETL processes and data stores. You will build data pipelines that will enrich the data warehouse and design the models with the output of your models.
Who you are:
- Degree in computer science or optimization
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Excellent coding skills in python, R, Java or Scala
- Excellent knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (postgres, elastic-search, couch base, …)
- Experience with Big Data framework such as Spark and Hadoop
- Experience with AWS’s cloud or similar
- Proficiency in SQL
- English and French (Non-native French-speakers are welcome)
- Sens of ownership, rigour and good communication skills
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume (or Linkedin profile) and a cover letter to :